How does the Liebster award now work? I tell you 11 random facts about me, pose 11 questions and then tag 11 bloggers with less than 400 followers (although how I work that out I don't know) to answer those questions. I also have to answer the questions Rhia posed to me!
- What is your favourite book or author? Currently Ian Rankin - I'm working my way through all the Rebus books.
- What is your favourite type of cake? Chocolate. Sticky gooey chocoolate fudge cake. Mmm...
- What's the one thing you love that most people you know hate or dislike? I honestly can't think of anything. Maybe that's because I'm surrounded by people with similar interests in life, or at least people that don't hate the things I love. The closest would be jazz - I like it whereas Father Badger would rather stick pins in his eyes.
- Favourite sandwich? Chicken, bacon and avocado.
- Favourite childhood toy? Lego. None of the fancy themed stuff you get nowadays, just good old fashioned bricks you can use your imagination with.
- Favourite colour? Purple.
- If you could invent one thing to make your life easier what would it be? Detachable boobs so I could get someone else to feed Badger Cub but without him losing the comfort factor.
- If you could learn one new skill/language/craft etc what would it be? Willpower. That's a skill, isn't it? Willpower to get fit and healthy.
- If you were a superhero what would your power/name be? Captain Obsessive. Everything in its place, especially those darned apostrophes.
- If you had a whole day to yourself & loads of money; where would you go? What would you do? I can't believe I'm saying this as I'm not really girly: a really nice spa by myself where I'd get a massage and pampering, lovely food and good magazines.
- If you could achieve one thing this year what would it be? Become a shadow of my former self: finish my year of maternity leave in the best physical form of my adult life.
- I played in my college ladies football team with two years in goal. Ladies' football at that level (i.e. enthusiastic but generally unskilled) is definitely not non-contact, and I once ended up with a boot imprint including studs in my stomach.
- During my third year at Durham University I lived yards away from the cathedral, whose bells toll every fifteen minutes 24 hours a day. You don't hear them after a while, unless you're having trouble sleeping in which case you lie awake waiting for each one...
- I am a trained breastfeeding peer supporter.
- The house where I grew up (which is round the corner from where I live now) still has a dent in the garage door from when I learnt to ride a bike. I was a bit slow learning how to use the brakes.
- I work in IT but have no interest in computer games, which is somewhat of a rarity.
- I don't do heels. I appreciate many of them as elegant works of art, but I have no intention of putting myself through the torture of wearing them. I even got married in jewel-encrusted birkenstocks.
- We've lived in our house for almost six years but have not yet unpacked all of the boxes. I have a suspicion that some of those boxes were also not unpacked in our previous house where we lived for five years. Just think of all the treasure there may be to find!
- I hold music grades in five instruments: grade 8 trumpet and tenor horn, grade 4 piano, grade 3 trombone and grade 2 violin. I suspect the violin was the most painful experience for my parents.
- I am a confirmed sci fi geek: Star Trek (all series), Battlestar Galactica (old and new), Doctor Who, Babylon Five.
- I once built a brick barbeque in the garden. My bricklaying skills are poor and it was more functional with a slight tilt rather than attractive. Thankfully that was in our last house and someone else now gets to look at it.
- Baths bore me. They seem like a good idea at the time but then you get in and there's no entertainment and it gets cold. Maybe someone could invent a bath that keeps the water hot?
- Marmite - love it or hate it?
- Which three famous people or celebrities would you like to spend an evening at the pub with and why (or afternoon at a coffee shop if you'd prefer)?
- What sort of cook are you? Do you follow recipes, throw things together or phone for takeaway?
- Which living person do you most admire, and why?
- What was you favourite childhood television series?
- What is your dream holiday destination or activity?
- Tea or coffee?
- What is your ideal comfort food?
- What is your favourite item of jewellery?
- Are you girly or a tomboy?
- For what are you most grateful?
Time to tag...
I'm going to go with some lovely Tweeps I recently added to my Twitter list:
- The Last Girl In Love over at The Last Girl in Love Blog
- The Strolling Mum over at Can I Walk Mummy?
- Stephanie Siviter over at The Confinement Chronicles
- Sue over at Simply a Mummy
- Jamie over at One Man and a Wee Bairn
- Dinky Thinks over at the Dinky Thinks blog
- Bianca over at Richmond Mummy
- Ericka over at Mum in the South
- Claire over at Diary of the Evans-Crittens
- Emily over at Tealady Mumbles
- MrsTutey over at Up, down, round & round